Sunday, December 26, 2010

The Journey Begins

"The journey IS the reward."

Tomorrow, December 27th, I will begin a 28-day fresh start challenge.

This challenge is a clean-living, whole foods, medicine-free detox for better overall health.  Relying on natural foods, proper exercise, and developing some new lifestyle habits, I hope to see some great results as well as carry on what I learn over the next month, into the rest of my life. 

So why blog? Why not.  I figure it will be a record of my journey, something I can look back on to repeat if necessary.  I also think this might be something that some of you are interested in doing and I'm happy to be your guinea pig.  I am a stay-at-home mom with five kids, a hectic schedule, and very little me-time.  I'm excited to see how I can take care of my own health while balancing my crazy life.  If I can do this, anyone can...and I'm happy to lead by example.

What to expect here? A lot.  I will blog every day to share what I ate, how I moved my body, and my overall feelings and experiences.  Recipes, photos, and results will be shared as well.   I will be honest about everything I do on this journey and hope to inspire some of you to take charge of your health and make a fresh start as well.  Along the way, you'll learn a bit about me.  I'm looking forward to learning a bit about you as well.  Please feel free to comment, ask questions, etc.

What will happen after the 28 days?  Good question.  I look forward to seeing what's next.  I have big goals this year (more about those later), and look forward to using the discipline I learn here to help prepare me for those as well.

I am so excited about getting started and sharing this journey with you!  Now, off to the grocery store to shop for the next few days!  I can't wait...

Sincerely,
Kathy

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world! Way to go girl I can't wait to watch your journey!

    ReplyDelete